Infant massage is a wonderful way to encourage bonding between your family and your new baby. It promotes eye-to-eye and skin contact, the exchange of soothing sounds and smells, cuddles and smiles creating a positive connecting ritual helping parents, siblings and baby feel closer.
Working with therapists from Infant Massage Australia, Gaia has created a beautiful natural massage oil perfect for infant massage using nutrient-rich sweet almond oil combined with a hint of certified organic lavender and certified organic chamomile pure essential oils.
Care has been taken to only use a small percentage of pure essential oils in this massage oil, and all Gaia natural baby products, making them specifically suited to babies and pregnant women.
Being mineral oil free so it will absorb beautifully into your baby's skin, won't clog pores or cause irritation, and leaves no greasy residue. It is also a great oil to use during pregnancy to increase elasticity and suppleness of your skin around your growing tummy and breasts.
Handy Hint: Add a couple of drops of GAIA Natural Baby Massage Oil with GAIA Natural Baby Bath & Body Wash to the bath to provide an even more nourishing and moisturising bath time experience.
Benefits of Infant Massage:
- It is fun and enjoyable for both baby and parent
- Helps both baby and parent to relax
- Encourages baby to sleep deeper and longer
- Improves colic and constipation and calms irritable babies
- Boosts a baby’s Serotonin levels which is known to reduce the risks of SIDS
- Establishes a close, loving communication and relationship with your baby
- Provides opportunity for fathers to spend quality time with their babies
- Massage releases both oxytocin and endorphins and therefore can assist in relieving discomfort associated with teething, congestion, colic, reflux and emotional stress.
- It is particularly ideal for premmie babies. Studies have shown that massaging premature babies has an extremely positive result - up to 47% weight increase per day and these premature babies are discharged an average of six days earlier.
For more information about infant massage visit www.infantmassage.org.au
Sweet Almond Oil, Tocopheryl (Natural Vitamin E) And The Pure Essential Oils Of Certified Organic Lavender, Certified Organic Sweet Orange And Certified Organic Chamomile, Limonene, Linalool
Not sure if the Gaia Natural Baby range is for you? Try the Baby Starter Kit which includes a mini-bottles of Baby Bath & Body Wash (50ml), Baby Shampoo (50ml), Baby Moisturiser (50ml), Baby Massage Oil (50ml), and Baby Skin Soothing Lotion (50ml).